Alumni and Friends
Continue the connection
We value our alumni! We want to hear about your personal and professional accomplishments because your success is our success. Also, alumni are a great resource for practicum and internship experiences, helping the next generation of our students. Please contact the department office at 417-836-5603 or email us with updates about your personal and professional achievements so we can celebrate with you!
Attend alumni events
Alumni events are held in cities throughout the United States. These events are great opportunities for you to network, establish new relationships, and reconnect with old friends in your area. Log in and search upcoming events to find an event in an area near you.
Equipment and supply donations
Usable scientific equipment donations are always welcome by the department. Scientific equipment and supplies are always needed to assist students and faculty in education and research experiences. Contact Dr. Colette M. Witkowski, Biomedical Sciences Department Head, at 417-836-5603 if you are interested in donating equipment or supplies.
Once a Bear, always a Bear
Stay in touch with your alma mater through the Missouri State Alumni Association. Your involvement may reap a number of benefits, including:
- Maintaining lifelong friendships
- Connecting with alumni in similar fields, positions and locations
- Continuing your favorite traditions
- Being informed by receiving the most up-to-date information about what’s happening on campus
- Celebrating all things maroon and white – have fun
- Giving back to the University community in a way that fits you – impacting the future of Missouri State
- Sharing your story
- Adding value to your degree – learning what’s new in your academic field
- Leaving your mark – defining your legacy
Giving to biomedical sciences
Alumni donors can demonstrate their desire to continue improving the quality of education in the Biomedical Sciences Department at Missouri State by giving a private contribution. Your gift – no matter its size – supports student research opportunities, funds scholarships, improves facilities, and provides for faculty development and research. There are several funds that are set up to benefit specific programs within the Biomedical Sciences Department.
- General Fund of the Biomedical Sciences Department meets needs of all the programs in within the Biomedical Sciences Department.
- Dietetics Program Fund is used to meet specific needs of the educational and research programs in the Dietetics program.
- Faculty Development Fund supports professional and educational needs of faculty in the Biomedical Sciences Department.
If you would like to donate to the many scholarship funds set up by the department, see the BMS Scholarship page for a complete listing of scholarship funds offered.