Plan to attend Family Weekend 2018 scheduled for September 28-30th on the Missouri State campus. What is Family Weekend? Family Weekend is an excellent reason to visit campus, reconnect with your student, meet other families and show your Missouri State pride. We have numerous events, many of which are free, planned for the weekend that give you a sense of your student's experience at Missouri State and in Springfield. Everyone is welcome at Family Weekend (parents, aunts, grandparents, uncles, family friends, siblings, anyone you want to invite).
Registration for Family Weekend 2018 will open in early July. Some events require tickets and have a cost associated with them (events that include food) but there are many free events on campus the entire weekend.
These events include (but not limited to):
- Welcome Breakfast hosted by the Career Center (limited number of tickets available)
- Student Showcase and Dinner hosted by the Office of Student Engagement (limited number of tickets available)
- Dive-In Movie hosted by Foster Rec Center
- Rappelling offered by the Missouri State ROTC Bear Battalion
- Family Extravaganza hosted by the Meyer Library
- Bears Football Game - NOTE: Tickets are NOT general admission. If you would like to sit with aunts, uncles, grandparents, sisters, friends, etc., please order tickets all at one time so you will be seated together. #BearUp
- Bear Family Tailgate, our traditional pre-game tailgate for all family members and students, hosted by Parent & Family Programs, the Traditions Council and the Missouri State Alumni Association (limited number of tickets available)
- Rock-n-Bowl, sponsored by the Student Activities Council
- Sparking Brunch hosted by Missouri State Dining Services
- Seven Habits of a Successful College Student, presented by the Absent Professor Program
- Comedy Show sponsored by the Student Activities Council
- Inclusive Excellence Leadership Scholars Family Reception
Family Weekend 2018 package and ticket prices will be posted by the end of March. Check back often for updates and new events.