Saturday, November 9, 2019
Registration will open on August 1, 2019.
Please join us on the beautiful campus of Missouri State University for the 2019 Conducting Workshop! This year we welcome internationally recognized conductor and pedagogue Michael Haithcock, Director of Bands at the University of Michigan, along with MSU Band Faculty, Dr. John Zastoupil (Director of Concert Bands), Dr. Brad Snow (Director of Athletic Bands), and Sarah Wilcoxon (Assistant Professor of Dance).
When: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 8:00am-5:30pm
Who: Music Educators, graduate and undergraduate conducting students
Where: Wehr Band Hall on the Missouri State University Campus
What: All day workshop including morning and afternoon conducting sessions with the MSU Wind Ensemble and MSU Wind Symphony. Movement session by dance/movement professor, Sarah Wilcoxon, and a presentation by internationally recognized conductor and pedagogue Michael Haithcock.
Workshop Fees (Fees include lunch and symposium materials):
- Participant $75 (Limited to 16) - Initial Deposit $40 ($35 additional due for those selected to conduct)
- Participating Conductors receive podium time with each ensemble and coaching by our clinicians
- Achieve professional development hours
- Observer $40 / Student (non-MSU) Observer $20 (Unlimited enrollment for both)
- Attend all sessions and achieve professional development hours
|7:45 am||Registration / Coffee and Continental Breakfast (Foyer, Room 125)|
|8:00 am||Welcome (Room 125)|
|8:15 am||Morning "Tune-Up:" Sarah Wilcoxon (Room 125)|
|9:00 am||Conducting Session I with MSU Wind Symphony (Room 123)|
|11:00 am||Conducting Session I, cont.|
|12:00 pm||Lunch (provided)|
|1:00 pm||Presentation by Michael Haithcock (Room 125)|
|2:00 pm||Conducting Session II with MSU Wind Ensemble (Room 123)|
|3:30 pm||Conducting Session II, cont.|
|Wrap-Up (Room 125)|
|5:30 pm||Dinner (Location TBA, Dutch Treat)|