Out of concern for everyone's health and safety, the Academic Advising & Transfer Center will not be conducting in-person appointments until such time that we can safely return to that preferred method. Our plan is to utilize technology (phone, email and Zoom) to provide the best possible advising experience while we all navigate this unprecedented situation.
It will be very important for you to check your campus email account regularly throughout this process. We also ask you to be sure you will have reliable internet access at the scheduled appointment time. Here is a guide on how to access and use Zoom.
At the time of this posting, the schedule of registration dates for Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 has been moved back to April 6th. You can view your registration date on the “Registration Status” link on the Registration Tab in My Missouri State.
The advisors in the Academic Advising and Transfer Center are happy to meet with prospective students who are exploring majors, including those interested in a pre-health or pre-law profession. We also meet with students interested in the Bachelor of General Studies and Individualized majors. However, if you have already selected a major, it is recommended that you schedule a prospective advising session with an advisor in that area. If you are attending SOAR, you will be required to meet with an advisor and register during that orientation program. You will not be allowed to register earlier by scheduling an advising appointment.
How can I schedule an appointment?
- Click on your advisor’s name below to access their appointment scheduling link:
When should I schedule my appointment?
- As soon as possible.
How can I prepare for these modified advising appointments?
- Possible classes for Summer and/or Fall 2020
- Potential majors or minors
What if I need to declare or change my major/minor?
- Send an email from your Missouri State email to UAdvise@missouristate.edu with the following information:
- BearPass (M#) number
- What you want to do (declare major, change major, add 2nd major, add minor, delete minor, etc.)
- If your new major is offered in multiple degrees (example: BA, BS, BSED, BFA, BME, BMUS, BSN, BSW, etc.) indicate which degree you want to use.