How to Declare or Change a Major, Minor or Certificate
For students interested in declaring or changing a major, it is recommended to first visit the department of the major to learn more about the program and any specific admission requirements.
Once plans are confirmed to declare or change a major, students can contact the Academic Advising and Transfer Center by one of the following methods to have the change processed.
Online Request (preferred method)
- Students must be logged in (and authenticated) to their Office 365 account.
- Students may request multiple changes within the form. The questions address majors, minors, and certificates (in that order).
- New first-year students who have not yet registered for classes or attended their SOAR session must contact the Office of Admissions (417-836-5517) for major changes.
- Students wishing to declare a minor in the College of Business must contact the Business Advisement Center in Glass 276.
- Graduate students wishing to add or change a Graduate program or certificate should contact the Graduate College (417-836-5331, Carrington Hall 306).
Scan the QR code for direct access to the online form on a device. Must be logged in and authenticated on your device to access the form.
Students can contact the Academic Advising and Transfer Center by email at Advise@missouristate.edu using their MSU student Bearmail account.
- Email requests must include the student's M-number.
- The student should be very specific whether they are requesting an additional major/minor/certificate or are wishing to replace their existing programs.
- If adding a major that has options, the student should include the name of the option they wish to pursue.
If unable to email, students may visit the Academic Advising and Transfer Center:
University Hall, Room 109
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM