Apply to this program through NursingCAS. Review the sections below before you begin.
Application and Admission Requirements
- Submit an application to Nursing CAS with all required documentation, including transcripts, and references.
- Submit the School of Nursing application fee via the link provided in Nursing CAS application or pay application fee online through the Missouri State CashNET service. The application fee does not guarantee acceptance into the desired program of your choosing.
- Submit evidence of graduation from a Bachelor of Science (BSN) program that is nationally accredited by a recognized accrediting organization. Graduates from international nursing program or non-accredited programs will be considered on an individual basis.
- Submit proof of licensure as a registered nurse (RN) without disqualification and eligible for licensure in the State in which clinical practicums will be completed.
- Submit transcripts of all completed academic coursework. MSN applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 (on a 4.00 scale) for the last 60 hours of course work attempted. Students who have less than a 3.25 GPA must submit verbal, quantitative, and analytical scores on the Graduate Record Examination General Test (GRE) (minimum Verbal: 150, Quantitative: 145, Analytical Writing: 3.5).
- Submit proof of completion of all prerequisite courses: undergraduate human pathophysiology, nursing research, and health assessment courses with a grade of “C” or higher. In addition, healthcare informatics and graduate level inferential statistics with a grade of "B-" or higher before the program begins. Admission will be contingent on the student completing prerequisite courses prior to enrolling in MSN courses.
- Submit evidence of a completed clinical practice experience that equates with one year minimum (two or more preferred) of full-time experience for MSN-FNP program. Exceptions considered on individual basis.
- Meet the School of Nursing technical standards of the MSN program to successfully undertake the course of study (available by request from the program).
- Be prepared to meet the technical and technology proficiency requirements for online courses (available by request from the program).
- Payment of a clinical tracking fee. See the School of Nursing website for a full list of program costs.
- Apply and pay for the state/federal Background Check and receive a response that the applicant has not been convicted of any crime pursuant to Section 660.317 RSMO or other disqualifications that would prohibit licensure as a registered nurse or completion of clinical experiences.
- Pay for and complete a urine drug screen without disqualifying results.
- Submit proof of current professional liability insurance (limit $1,000,000/aggregate $6,000,000). For FNP students, the current professional liability insurance must be specifically for NP Student Liability.
- Submit evidence of current health insurance.
- Submit evidence of current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS). Online didactic courses and written tests are available for a fee for those students who need to recertify. No online skills testing will be accepted.
- Submit evidence of current immunizations or immune status (MMR, Tetanus, Varicella, Hepatitis B series) and a PPD or -Spot (or documentation of appropriate follow up for PPD positive results).
- Initiate and pay for any additional security checks and drug screenings required for placement into agencies for clinical experiences. Some agencies require annual screening and affidavits.