Faculty Guide to Public Affairs Essays
Seniors with at least 102 credit hours complete the Public Affairs Scale (PAS) as part of the Undergraduate Exit Survey. This internally developed and validated scale measures students' integration of the three themes of the university’s mission in public affairs. We send these out in December/January and June/July.
Undergraduate Exit Survey Contents
How You Can Use the Essays
- To understand what your students are taking away and learning about public affairs
- To know what programs and activities your students are remembering and learning from
- To use it for marketing and testimonials
- To share in a department meeting
- To use it to share successes and let your students know that their voices are being heard
How to Search for Your Program
In the Essays document, you can search for a specific program within your department.
- To search for a specific program, press Ctrl+F on your keyboard.
- When in a Word doc, a navigation pane will pop up on the left-hand side of your screen. Type the program name in the Search document box, then press enter.
- When in a PDF document, a search box will appear at the top of your screen. Type the program name in the search box, then press enter.
Please contact us at Assessment@MissouriState.edu if you have any questions regarding the Public Affairs Essays. Also contact us if you would like a printed or sorted version of your college’s essays. We’d love to come to your program or department meeting to lead a conversation, bring copies, or assist in student learning assessment.