Op3.04-36 Overload Permission
Permission must be obtained for hours taken over the maximum allowed as per the student’s level. Courses for which a student is enrolled on an audit basis are counted in hours for an overload.
Maximum*: 18 hours for fall or spring semesters. Maximum of 10 hours for summer sessions. Upon the recommendation of their advisors, students who have a 3.00 or higher GPA for a semester in which a minimum of 15 hours is carried may request permission for an overload from the dean of their college.
Obtain overload permission from: Dean of college of student’s major. If major is undecided, then Associate Provost for Student Development and Public Affairs.
Maximum*: 16 hours for fall or spring semesters. Maximum of 10 hours per summer sessions. Also, Post-baccalaureate students (excluding those seeking teacher certification) may not enroll in more than nine total hours of graduate-level courses including completed, in-progress, and registered without permission from the Dean of the Graduate College.
Obtain overload permission from: Dean of the Graduate College.
Maximum*: Nine hours for fall or spring semesters; six hours for summer semester.
Obtain overload permission from: If enrolled in the high school based (dual credit) Program, obtain permission from The Extended Campus. If enrolled in the campus based (dual enrollment), obtain permission from the Associate Provost for Student Development and Public Affairs.
* Hours for fall include fall intersession; hours for spring include winter intersession; hours for summer include summer intersession
Download Overload Permission Form
- Take form to the appropriate administrator as noted on the form for approval.
- Once approved, bring form to the Office of the Registrar, Carrington Hall Room 320. Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; or
- Fax to 417-836-6334; or
- Email scanned form to Registrar@MissouriState.edu from your Missouri State email account; or
- Mail to Office of the Registrar, Missouri State University, 901 S. National Ave, Springfield, MO 65897