The Degree Audit and Student Educational Planner link found on the Student Information Menu in My Missouri State is currently unavailable due to technical issues in the software. Users instead should use the Degree Audit and Student Educational Planner link found in the Advisor Services channel on the Teaching and Advising tab of My Missouri State.
Degree Works (Degree Audit and Student Educational Planner)
Degree Works is our degree audit and student educational planning software. In Fall 2015, Missouri State University went live with Degree Works Degree Audit. In Fall 2016, Degree Works Student Educational Planner (or SEP) went live.
For students, the degree audit and student planner are found on the My Graduation Path channel of the Student tab or the My Student Records channel of the Registration tab on My Missouri State. For faculty and staff, the degree audit and student planner are found on the Student Information channel of the Teaching and Advising tab on My Missouri State.
Highlights and features found in the Degree Works degree audit
- All degree-seeking students have degree audits, including graduate students.
- Users have the ability to view the originating institution and course prefix/number for accepted transfer work directly in the degree audit.
- The student information block displays more information such as advisor assignment and holds.
- The degree audit contains web links that take users to web sites for additional content. Examples include the University Exit Survey and the University Civics Exam webpages.
- The CourseLink feature allows users to see the prerequisite, description, sections and course times offered, and seat counts for needed courses, which updates in real time.
- Authorized officials (deans/department heads/additional faculty or staff designated by the department) within an academic departments have the ability to self-enter course substitutions, waivers, and approvals directly to the student’s degree audit.
- The ability to display an unlimited number of majors and/or minors on the degree audit both in the regular audit and what-if degree audit.
- The audit has a modern and mobile-friendly design.
- Honors College students are able to track their progression towards the completion of their Honors requirements.
Highlights and features found in the Degree Works student educational planner (SEP)
- Ability for students or advisors to create an electronic academic plan which can be viewed by both the advisor and student. Electronic access to the plan in the same web location as the degree audit.
- A modern view for easy understanding of the academic plan
- Planner notes where advisors can communicate additional information or special instruction about the course selection and/or grade needed in the course
- "On-track/off-track" tracking for advisors, administrators, and students to easily see if the student in on-track with his or her academic plan. This is managed by the advisor being able to indicate which courses are critical to the plan progress.
Degree Works Current Edition (126.96.36.199) Known Issues
There are a small number of display defects in the current edition of Degree Works, which went live to the campus on January 28, 2022. We are aware of these so if you experience them, there is no need to report them.
- Both the undergraduate (UG) and graduate (GR) GPA display to three digits instead of two. Ellucian has already issued a defect (CR-000137952). It is unknown which future version will address this.
- When trying to print the web version of a degree audit in Firefox, the audit has large blank spots and sections of requirement blocks are cut off or missing. An easy workaround is to print the .pdf version instead.
Degree Works contact information
Associate Registrar-Degree Programs and Advisement Support
(initial contact for general and undergraduate degree audit inquiries)
(initial contact for graduate degree audit inquiries)