Missouri State University and school district/agency policies require students to provide current and valid documentation of specific compliance documents. Compliance documents are required for all students enrolled in a course in which the student will interact with children or other individuals in some capacity. Compliance documents must be obtained to meet requirements of the course assignment(s). Students required to meet this policy will be notified by the Professional Education Services office.
Policy Approved by Education Preparation Provider Council (EPPC formerly PEC) on 05/05/10.
To verify compliance of these documents, students must email firstname.lastname@example.org , fax (417-836-6546) or bring verification copies to Hill Hall 212.
Required for a practicum or internship unless you are student teaching in Spring 2020:
TB Test (valid for one year)
- Professional Liability Insurance (must be renewed annually)
- MOVECHS FBI fingerprinting national background check Option 1 (required for MSU and valid for 3-6 years)
Required for practicum students who will be Student Teaching in Spring 2020 or Internship Academy participants during Fall 2019/Spring 2020:
- TB Test (valid for one year)
Professional Liability Insurance (must be renewed annually)
- DESE FBI fingerprinting national background check Option 2 (required for DESE - Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - for all certificates and valid for one year)
- Mandated Reporter Training
- The training must be current within 6 months prior to student teaching. Training can be accessed through My Missouri State -> Student -> My Teacher Education -> Online Agreements -> Mandated Reporter Training. Upon completion, the training will be documented in your My Missouri State TEST SCORES.
Expiration dates of compliance documents can be viewed in My Missouri State -> Registration -> My Student Records -> Test Scores.
Professional Education Services - Hill Hall 212
Compliance Documents - Hill Hall 212
Office Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (Monday through Friday)