Use this checklist before you submit your work to LOGOS. Read and follow these guidelines carefully. If the answer to any of the following questions is "no," consider editing your work or submitting a different piece. Work that does not meet these guidelines may be rejected.
- Did you create this work while a Missouri State undergraduate student?
- Is the piece your original work? Does your piece have an arguable thesis, unique research, or use an original idea?
- Is this the first time the piece would be published?
- Have you submitted this paper or are you planning to submit it elsewhere? Please note that we DO NOT accept simultaneous submissions.
- Have you proofread the piece for errors?
- Has your piece followed Missouri State University’s Academic Integrity policies? For example, plagiarism and fabrication is never allowed.
(These are especially important for artwork.)
- Does your piece include an abstract?
- Is the abstract brief?
- Is the abstract included at the beginning of your submission? If the submission is an image file, is the abstract included in a separate file?
- Is your abstract in a Microsoft Word document?
- If your submission is creative, does the abstract provide information about influences, context, artistic intent, materials and techniques, and what makes the piece original?
- If your submission is researched, does the abstract summarize the purpose, methods, results, and conclusions of the research?
- If your piece uses human research participants, did you receive appropriate IRB approval prior to the research? Is this indicated in the text?
- Are your facts correct and up-to-date?
- Have you correctly followed an approved citation style, such as APA, MLA, or Chicago?
- Is your submission in electronic format?
- If your submission is a document, is it in a Microsoft Word document?
- Is the filename of your submission the same as the title?
- Are the images included in the submission saved as separate electronic files?
- Do your images have a resolution of 350 dpi or higher?
- If your submission is a document that includes images, have you provided a legend?
- If you use color images, are they in TIFF or PNG format?
- If you use black-and-white images, are they in TIFF, PNG, or JPEG format? Please note that black-and-white JPEG images must have a resolution of 350 dpi or higher.