We organize Bear Service into three main parts:
- Bear Service Days, which are one-time large days of service
- The Bear Service Team, which is a student organization dedicated to service-learning
- The exploration of service in Springfield, MO through GivePulse.
Bear Service promotes positive social change through the following service-learning elements:
- Education - The first goal is for us to learn more about the issue of focus, the community agency/learning partner, and our goals for making a positive difference.
- Engagement – These are experiential learning opportunities. The more we engage with each other and our neighbors, the more we will learn about ourselves and the expertise in the community.
- Reflection – Structured reflection encourages us to learn more about ourselves and our communities. Thinking critically about your service experience is a key step toward active citizenship