How to use the pantry
- Come to the Center for Community Engagement (PSU 131) OR Schedule an appointment with the Pantry staff. Bring your BearPass ID, and you will fill out your first time information sheet to receive your client card and ID number.
- Fill out a pantry request form online, or fill it out when you arrive at the pantry.
- Pick up your food from the pantry during our hours of operation (9am - 5pm). Please bring your Bear Pantry Client card. If you have lost your card, we will be happy to replace it. Each person can access the pantry 9 times per semester.
- Fill out the Food Request Form online or at the pantry.
- Pick up your food from the pantry during our hours of operation. Please bring your Bear Pantry Client card.
Get involved with the pantry
There are several ways to get involved with Bear Pantry. You and your group can raise hunger awareness, serve at the pantry, coordinate a donation drive, and much more. Just let us know how how you'd like to be involved!
Head to this GivePulse page for more information and details on how to help the pantry out.
To make a non-perishable food donation, stop by the Center for Community Engagement (Plaster Student Union 131). Check out a list of our most needed items below. You can also work with us to host a donation drive.
- Granola bars
- Mashed potatoes
- Ramen noodles
- Mac and cheese
- Canned soup
- Peanut butter
- Canned veggies
- Canned fruit
- Pasta noodles
- Tomato sauce
- Can openers
- Feminine products
- Laundry detergent
- Dish soap
*To ensure food safety, we cannot use: rusty or unlabeled cans, perishables, homemade items, open or used items, expired items.
Additional Food Pantries
The following pantries are also accessible to students.
Well of Life
418 S. Kimbrough
Springfield, MO 65804
Monday & Wednesday: 10 a.m. — 2 p.m.
Students should inform staff that they are a student.
700 W. Chase
Springfield, MO 65801
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9 a.m. — 3 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. — 12 p.m.
Photo ID & Passport or social security card required. Staff will not ask if they are a student, but students are encouraged to inform staff if they are.
615 N Glenstone Ave
Springfield, MO 65802