MINUTES OF THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
MARCH 1, 2017
1. Roll Call
Present- Mr. Tyree Davis, IV, Student Governor
Ms. Virginia Fry, Vice Chair of the Board (by conference call)
Mr. Stephen B. Hoven, Governor (by conference call)
Ms. Beverly Miller, Governor (by conference call)
Mr. Kendall Seal, Governor (by conference call)
Mr. Gregory Spears, Governor (by conference call)
Ms. Carrie Tergin, Governor (by conference call)
Absent- Mr. Joe Carmichael, Chair of the Board
Mr. Gabriel Gore, Governor
Dr. Peter Hofherr, Governor
Mr. Kendall Seal, Governor
Present- Mr. Clifton M. Smart, President
Mr. Kyle Moats, Director of Athletics
Ms. Suzanne Shaw, Vice President for Marketing & Communications
Ms. Kristan Gochenauer, Secretary of the Board
2. Presiding – The presiding officer for the meeting was Ms. Virginia Fry, Vice Chair of the Board of Governors. She called the meeting to order at 2:01 p.m. in Carrington Hall, Room 209, on the campus of Missouri State University in Springfield, Missouri.
3. Closed Meeting – It was determined that the Board of Governors needed to meet in a closed session to consider items of business provided in the Revised Statutes of Missouri. Ms. Fry asked if a resolution authorizing a closed meeting of the Board was prepared. Thereupon, the following resolution was presented for consideration:
BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Governors for Missouri State University that a closed meeting, with closed records and closed vote, be held during a recess of this March 1, 2017, special meeting of the Board of Governors to consider items of business pursuant to:
- R.S.Mo. 610.021 (3). “Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting of particular employees of a public governmental body…”
- R.S.Mo. 610.021 (13). “Individually identifiable personnel records, performance ratings or records pertaining to employees or applicants for employment…”
Mr. Gregory Spears moved the approval of the resolution and Ms. Carrie Tergin seconded the motion.
A roll call vote on the motion was as follows: those voting in favor – Governors Fry, Hoven, Miller, Spears, and Tergin; those voting against the motion – none.
Ms. Fry declared the resolution passed unanimously. The open meeting was recessed at 2:04 p.m. to go into closed session.
The open meeting was reconvened at 2:52 p.m.
4. Adjournment – Ms. Fry adjourned the meeting at 2:53 p.m., upon the motion of Ms. Beverly Miller, the second of Mr. Spears, and the unanimous vote of the Board.
Secretary to the Board