Students may be eligible to receive a refund of tuition and/or student fees when they make registration changes. The date used in determining the refund or credit of tuition and other enrollment fees will be the date the student submits the online registration change or submits the Registration Request/Change of Schedule form to the Office of the Registrar. Students and instructors can view a personalized refund schedule and drop deadlines based on the actual class schedule or a trial schedule in My Missouri State. Refer to the Fee Refund Schedules for specific deadlines.
The University will consider refund or credit exceptions for the following reasons:
Deadlines to appeal for refund or credit exceptions:
- Appeals for a fall semester must be received on or before June 30 of the following year.
- Appeals for a spring semester must be received on or before November 30 of the same year.
- Appeals for a summer session must be received on or before February 28 of the following year.
Procedures for refund or credit exceptions:
- The Refund Exception Committee is charged with considering and approving exceptions to the fee refund policy. The Committee will meet monthly to review appeals.
- The class must have been dropped/withdrawn from in order to be considered for a refund or credit. If a grade was received (including a failing grade or incomplete grade) a refund appeal cannot be considered.
- A change in assessment can only be adjusted or prorated to a refund percentage rate already established in the published University tuition and required fees schedule (100%, 75%, 50%, or 25%). Approved appeals are prorated based on the documented date of the extenuating circumstance and the refund percentage in place during the documented time.
- Only tuition related to a student’s assessment for registration in credit hours is covered by these guidelines. Other fees such as those for residence halls, the bookstore, etc., need to be directed to offices responsible for assessment of those fees.
- A successful grade appeal through the Scholastic Standards and Revision of Records Committee is not a guarantee or indicator that an exception to the fee refund policy will be approved.
- Appeals based on dissatisfaction with a course or instructor are not granted solely based on student appeal. Students are advised to first direct their concerns to the faculty member's Department Head.
- Students will receive a notification as to the results of their appeal.