25,000 Students Strong
More than 25,000 students are enrolled at Missouri State. These students come from all over Missouri and outside the state:
- More than 6,700 students from greater Springfield
- More than 3,900 students from greater St. Louis
- More than 2,800 students from greater Kansas City
- Students from every county in Missouri
- More than 4,000 students from outside Missouri (including 96 foreign countries)
Our Graduates Join The Workforce
93% of our graduates are employed, enrolled, or enlisted within 6 months after graduation. MSU focuses on high quality academic programs in fields with significant employment demand.
- Missouri State's College of Business is the largest in Missouri with more than 4,000 students.
- More than 4,400 students are enrolled in professional health programs, and another 2,800 are enrolled in STEM fields.
- One in eight K-12 teachers in Missouri have a credential from Missouri State.
MSU Appreciates State Support
Last year, the General Assembly increased operating appropriations for public universities by 7%. This helped cover cost increases such as utilities, technology and employee compensation and benefits.
Missouri State University greatly appreciates the investment. MSU has reallocated $22 million in expenses and eliminated nearly 50 positions over the past five years. Without this increase in state funding received last year, university leaders would have had to make further cuts and reduce services to students to fund mandatory cost increases.
This year, the Coordinating Board for Higher Education has recommended a core increase
of 5% to offset cost increases driven by inflation and the need to address deferred maintenance
on campuses. Missouri State University supports this request.