SET Cardholder Responsibilities
Receipts will need to be obtained for any transaction above $30!
- Notify the Office of Procurement Services by email of any pre-paid expenses to be
made with international vendors. The request will need to be made at least 48 hours
prior to the foreign transaction. The following information will need to be provided:
- MSU Set Card Account Number
- Country vendor is in
- Date of transaction
- The cardholder will need to keep a track of their expenses. The cardholder can log in at the link below to get real-time information on the card including their current available balance, pending transactions and previous transactions for up to 3 months. If logging in for the first time, kindly contact the Office of Procurement Services as additional information will be needed to get the account setup.
- Maintain receipts for SET Card transactions above $30.
- If Alcohol is bought, it will need to be on a separate receipt.
- Provide documentation to the department coordinator on an ongoing basis to help them complete the SET Card allocations on an ongoing basis.
It is the cardholder’s responsibility to make the vendor aware of the university’s tax-exempt status. We are exempt from the Missouri State Sales Tax!
Missouri State University is exempt from paying Missouri sales or use tax pursuant to Section 144.030.2(20), RSMo. The Missouri Tax I.D. Number is: 10281541.
To assist in getting the sales tax exemption, the exempt number is printed on the SET Card itself. It is also listed on the credit card sleeve that is provided along with a new card.
The cardholder is required to have the state sales tax exemption for vendors within Missouri. For transactions with vendors outside of Missouri, it is recommended to ask if the vendor will honor the Missouri sales tax exemption.
If a transaction is charged Missouri state sales tax it is the responsibility of the cardholder to get the tax credited back to the card. If the vendor provides cash/check for the tax refund, it will need to be submitted to the Bursar’s office along with a money received report to be processed. If the vendor does not credit back the sales tax, it is the responsibility of the cardholder to reimburse the budget. The money received report will need to be completed and provided to the Bursar’s office along with the payment.
Some vendors require a separate sales tax-exempt card to be obtained from them to avail the exemption. The cardholder will need to take a copy of the university’s sales tax-exempt letter to the customer service desk to get the sales tax-exempt card. Currently, this applies to Walmart, Best Buy and Hobby Lobby.
- The SET Card does NOT need to be returned to the Office of Procurement Services. The card cardholder can just shred the physical card.
- SET Card Travel Log will need to be completed for any transactions charged to the SET Card.
- The Non-SET Card Travel Log will need to be completed for any purchases made outside of the SET Card.
- The following documents will need to be provided to their respective SET Card Department
Coordinator after the travel is complete:
- SET Card Travel Log
- Non-SET Card Travel Log (if applicable)
- Itemized receipts for any transaction above $30
Note: Foreign currency conversion documentation does NOT have to be submitted as the charges will be listed in US Dollars through UMB bank.
- If a trip is cancelled, the cardholder will need to notify the Office of Procurement Services.
- The Office of Procurement Services will make the necessary changes with UMB Bank to render the card inactive.
- If charges have already incurred, the cardholder will need to make efforts to obtain reimbursements for those charges in a timely manner.
- Documentation for any transactions that have already incurred will need to be submitted to Financial Services.
Note: Credits/refunds can be processed on the SET Card even if it is closed out.
- If the SET Card is lost or stolen, cardholders are required to immediately notify
each of the following:
- UMB Bank Security at 1-800-821-5184.
- Respective Department Procurement Card Coordinator and Budgetary Authority.
- Office of Procurement Services
- If the SET Card is lost or stolen before the cardholder has left on their travel, a new card can be re-issued to be picked up from the Office of Procurement Services.
- If SET Card is lost or stolen when cardholder is on their travel, arrangements can be made to have a new card sent directly to the cardholder.
Note: Immediate notification of a lost or stolen SET Card will prevent the cardholder from being held personally responsible for the payment of unauthorized purchases.
- Any charges not approved by the fiscal and travel policy will be posted to the cardholder’s accounts receivable account.
- SET Card charges that do not have sufficient documentation will be posted to the cardholder’s accounts receivable account.
- SET Card charges not reconciled in a timely manner will be posted to the cardholder’s accounts receivable account.
- All SET Card transactions will need to adhere to the university’s fiscal and travel policy.
- SET Card privileges may be rescinded temporarily or permanently if there are audit issues.
The Office of Procurement Services reserves the right to cancel a SET Card at any time.