Facilities and Administrative Rates
Effective July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2022 the University’s F and A rates are as follows:
- 42.5% for Organized Research on Campus
- 50% for Instruction on Campus
- 34% for Other Sponsored Activities on Campus
- 26% for All Programs except Other Sponsored Activities off campus
- 24.8% for Other Sponsored Activities off Campus
These rates will be applied to a Modified Total Direct Costs base.
Costs included in the modified total direct costs consist of all salaries and wages, fringe benefits, materials, supplies, services, travel and subgrants and subcontracts up to the first $25,000 of each subgrant or subcontract (regardless of the period covered by the subgrant or subcontract.)
Costs excluded from the modified total direct costs consist of equipment, capital expenditures, charges for patient care, tuition remission, rental costs of off-site facilities, scholarships, and fellowships as well as the portion of each subgrant and subcontract in excess of $25,000.
Facilities and Administrative rates are negotiated with the federal government to recover indirect costs of sponsored research projects.