Applying for a SET Card

University employees interested in obtaining a SET Card must first check with the Office of Procurement Services to make sure they would be eligible for one.

Steps to obtain a SET Card:

  • Complete the SET Card Application Form and have it routed through the necessary approvals.
  • Foreign Travel Authorization Form will need to be completed and sent in along with the SET Card form for any international travel requests.
  • First time SET cardholders will go through a mandatory training conducted by the Office of Procurement Services.
  • The SET cardholder will be notified once the SET Card is ready to be picked up. The cardholder will need to bring their Missouri State University BearPass card when they come by to pick up the SET card.

Foreign Travel:

Foreign Travel must be approved prior to traveling. Foreign Travel is defined as travel that occurs outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.

Travel associated with Academic Units must obtain approval signed by their department head, dean AND the Provost unless the travel is associated with the China Branch campus, International Programs or Education Abroad. In those instances, the approval should come from the department head, dean and the VP for Research and Economic Development. Travel associated with other University departments will need approval from the President’s Office.