This agreement is valid for all consortiums between Missouri State University, the “Home” institution, and the institution listed below, the “Host,” for the purpose of providing financial assistance to the named student. Please refer to the Consortium Descriptions page for an explanation of each consortium.
Consortium Agreement Terms
The student certifies that they are:
- Admitted to MSU as a degree-seeking student or seeking teacher certification.
- If not participating in a cooperative program, are enrolled at least half-time at MSU to continue to receive federal loans, SEOG and Work-study.
- Adhering to MSU policies concerning minimum enrollment for institutional scholarships and housing stipends.
- Enrolled in classes at the host school which are required for their degree at MSU and are eligible for credit transfer.
The student agrees that any enrollment changes at the host institution, including course drop/withdrawal, must be reported to MSU within 14 days of the change. The student is responsible for submitting a transcript to MSU’s Office of Admissions within 30 days following the completion of the semester.
Tuition and fees
Under this agreement Missouri State University serves as the degree-awarding institution. Tuition and fees for courses taken at MSU will be billed at normal rates (in-state, online, etc.). MSU will not charge tuition or student services fees for courses taken at the host institution. Students are responsible for reviewing their university charges at My Missouri State.
Application of financial aid
Eligibility for financial aid, including the return of funds, will be monitored by Missouri State University. Aid will be applied to MSU fees and the balance will be electronically transferred to the student’s personal checking account. The student is personally responsible for paying any charges assessed by the host school (with the exception of Missouri State - West Plains) regardless of whether the course of study was completed or not.
Satisfactory academic progress
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will be evaluated in accordance with MSU policy and will include performance at both institutions. Drop/withdrawals from courses under this agreement will be treated as withdrawals from MSU courses. Students are responsible for requesting an academic transcript be sent to the MSU Office of Admissions at the end of each semester.
Consortium agreements, with all required signatures, must be submitted to the Office of Student Financial Aid no later than the Change of Schedule Period (COSP).
- Summer 2017: June 16, 2017
- Fall 2017: August 25, 2017
- Spring 2018: January 22, 2018
- Summer 2018: June 15, 2018