Request a Class Schedule Change After Your SOAR Session
Purpose: Students do not have access to change their own schedules until shortly before the Fall semester begins. This allows an Academic Advisor to review the schedule change request, communicate with the student if necessary, and then process the request.
Student access to change their own schedules begins no later than: August 15, 2022
Requests submitted through this form after 5:00 pm on Friday, August 19, 2022, will not be processed as students will have access at that time.
Some schedule changes are necessary as soon as possible:
- Transcripts have arrived AND credit has been added to the system that now meets a prerequisite
- Required permission has been granted
- A change in major changes course requirements
- A class is on the schedule in error (i.e. – credit for the class has already been earned)
- An Academic Advisor has recommended a change
- A class section has been removed from the offerings and a new section or other class is needed
- Participation in a university organization or team necessitates a change (practice times, meeting times, etc.)
Changes based on convenience are best addressed during the Change of Schedule period (first five days of classes) after consulting with your Academic Advisor.
You can find your Academic Advisor’s name in My Missouri State on your Advising Notes (Registration tab). This is also an email link.
Submitting the request form on the next page initiates the request process for a schedule change, but does not guarantee that the change can be processed.
Should something prevent the processing of the request, the student will be contacted via the student’s Missouri State email account. Requests involving changes to GEP 101 take additional time. As a pre-registered class, special permission is required to change the GEP 101 section, and a change might not be possible.
Class schedules may be viewed through the Registration Tab on the My Missouri State system to monitor changes.
Please be aware of the following:
- Requests MUST be initiated by the student. Be sure you are logged into your Office 365 account and authenticated. For more information, see the article "How to Log In to Your Office 365 Account (Email and Office Applications)" in the IT Service Portal Knowledge Base.
- Any additional information that can be supplied in the Comments section will aid in the processing of the request.
- Requests will be reviewed in the order they are received, and those that can be processed will be completed as efficiently as possible.
- Summer SOAR Sessions have registration scheduled between approximately 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please submit requests before 10:00 a.m. or after 2:00 p.m. on those days so you can accurately verify class openings and availability.
- Requests are processed during normal business hours.
- Requests submitted on Fridays throughout the summer might not be processed until the following Monday. Please submit requests Monday-Thursday if possible.
- Requests to withdraw from ALL classes must be directed to the Office of the Registrar (417-836-5520) or Registrar@missouristate.edu.
It is usually unnecessary to rebuild an entire schedule in order to change just one or even a few classes.