Think Bigger & Bolder
The mission of the Missouri State University Honors College is to create an academic environment that is stimulating, challenging, and conducive to undergraduate learning and development. The Honors College fosters this environment by:
- Attracting exceptional students from Missouri, the U.S., and around the world who have a demonstrated record of intellectual curiosity and academic success;
- Matching students with outstanding faculty instructors in small course settings that foster collaboration, engagement, and discourse;
- Developing critical thinking skills through a rigorous program of multi and interdisciplinary instruction with an emphasis upon research and academic writing;
- Supporting the university’s Public Affairs mission by complementing the classroom experience with academic and social programming that promotes leadership, service, and the life of the mind;
- Providing high levels of mentoring, advising, and development through individualized attention throughout a student’s program of study;
- Preparing students for career success, graduate study, and competition for graduate and international research fellowships and awards.