Social Work Department Room 105
Your Career in Social Work
- Versatility of Jobs: An MSW is one of the most versatile graduate degrees in the helping field.
- Discover social work careers
- Variety of Work in High Demand: Graduates are widely employable and serve diverse populations in a vast range of human areas.
- Work with individuals, families, groups, and communities to provide basic needs and enhance human well-being.
- Leadership: MSW's are leaders in their communities, often taking on roles as independent practitioners, developers and coordinators of policy and research to promote social justice.
- Learn more about social work
Explore our program
Join MSU School of Social Work
Our commitment to our students
Missouri State's Master of Social Work program is dedicated to providing quality education. To meet the needs of students, we offer many courses during the evening, which allows our students to spend their days studying and engaging in community projects. For students who have competing work or family obligations, we also offer a part-time program. Our program has a reputation as a leader in the region, and we have degree paths that serve students throughout southwest Missouri, including cohorts that begin in Joplin and West Plains.
All students engage in intensive field experiences to practice new skills under supervision, training that provides a strong foundation for careers in social work. Our graduates gain advanced, generalist knowledge with an emphasis in family health and are well prepared to practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.