Surplus Property has a new storage facility.
The address is 417 W. Mill Street. The building is located downtown, just west of Brick City.
Open House viewing of available surplus for the campus community will be held every month, on the third Tuesday from 1 to 3 p.m.
Surplus equipment can be used back on campus for University use only. Facility and staff can view surplus property on the third Tuesday of each month from 1 to 3 p.m. If a department identifies item(s) they can use back on campus, they will be required to complete a request form. Property Control will then transport the item(s) back to campus.
Public Auction - October 10, 2018
In preparation for holding the auction, Property Control will not retrieve surplus property from campus.
No surplus will be removed from campus between September 28 and October 15, 2018.
Surplus viewing open house schedule
The warehouse schedule follows:
- August 21 - OPEN
- August 28 - OPEN
- September 18 - OPEN - last day prior to auction
- October 10 - PUBLIC AUCTION
- October 16 - CLOSED due to limited inventory following auction
- October 30 - OPEN
- November 13 - OPEN
- November 20 - CLOSED prior to Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 11 - OPEN
- December 18 - CLOSED prior to Winter Break
- January 15 -OPEN
Op8.21 Surplus Equipment Policy ("Surplus Usage Policy")
The University has the following policy concerning the re-use of surplus equipment and supplies:
- Surplus equipment and supplies can be used back on campus for University use only. Facility and Staff can view surplus property on the third Tuesday of each month from 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
- The surplus storage warehouse is located at 641 W. Wall Street (downtown Springfield).
The warehouse can be reached:
- North on Campbell at Grand Street, then left on Mill Street, right on Main Street, left onto Wall Street.
- South on Main Street at Chestnut Expressway, then right onto Wall Street (third street on right from Chestnut)
- A list of items stored in surplus is not maintained. Please do not call Property Control asking if there are specific items at the warehouse. Examples of available property are: Various media items, televisions, refrigerators, microwaves, office chairs, student chairs, metal and wood desks, tables, file cabinets, and vehicles.
- Computer equipment will only be released to Computer Coordinators, Computer Services, or College of Natural and Applied Sciences (CNAS) Electronic Support. The reason for this restriction is that most computers have already had components removed by the preceding University departments/personnel and the units are generally not in good working order.
- Departments that select equipment to be returned to campus, and then send the equipment back to surplus within ninety (90) days, will be charged fifty dollars ($50.00) though a budget transfer to Property Control.
- Equipment that requires extensive repair, or is deemed unacceptable for return to campus, will not be returned. This decision shall be made at the discretion of the Property Coordinator or their designee.
For more information contact Property Control:
Coordinator of Property Control