Teacher candidates are required to create a profile with the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). The DESE profile includes, but is not limited to the following:
- FBI fingerprinting background check result
- Assessment Information
- Application for a Substitute Certificate
- Application for an Initial Professional Certificate (IPC)
- Certification Information
Creating a DESE Profile
- It is recommended that Internet Explorer be used to create the profile.
- To access the system, first create and register a user ID and password at the following web page: https://apps.dese.mo.gov/weblogin/login.aspx . Click "Register" in the lower portion of the page
- Complete the registration questions
- Click "Create User" (a confirmation message will appear)
- Click "Return to DESE Login page" link
NOTE: Do not create more than one username. Creating multiple usernames will cause the system to deny access to the profile page and certification records. Click "Forgot Username/Password?" in the lower section of the login page to request access to username or to reset password if needed.
2. Connect Username/Password To Web Applications System
Access the DESE Web Application System.
- Enter username and password and click "Login" to access the User Application page.
- Click "Educator Certification System - Request Educator Access" link
- Click "Submit"
- Click "Close" in the small confirmation window
- Click on "Educator Certification System" link
- Enter Social Security Number (SSN) and date of birth (DOB)
- Click "Submit"
- Enter or verify Profile information (proper/legal name - no nicknames) and click "Save Profile"
- Scroll down and complete or edit the Contact Information* section and click "Save"
*An e-mail address must be included in this section, as all correspondence from Educator Certification will be sent via e-mail.
Checking Fingerprinting Results
- Click on Web Applications and log in http://dese.mo.gov .
- Scroll down the page to Fingerprint Information to access results.
Checking Certificate Status
- Go to http://dese.mo.gov, click Web Applications and log in.
- Click on Certificate Status (left menu).
- A listing of all certificates applied for and issued will appear with classification, effective date, and expiration date.