Why study vocal music education at Missouri State?
Missouri State University offers an outstanding program for aspiring teachers of vocal music. The University has graduated an impressive list of some of the most accomplished choral directors and vocal teachers in the state and across the region. In fact, MSU vocal music graduates actively conduct and teach vocal music all over the country.
In addition to studying vocal music, you can add an endorsement in a field outside of your focus.
With an impressive, experienced faculty and well-maintained facilities, Missouri State offers music educators all the resources they need to become outstanding music teachers for grades K-12 and beyond.
All Bachelor of Music Education majors must concentrate in at least one major field of performance and perform a senior recital, so you can continue to fine tune your individual musicianship while training to be an excellent teacher. Students study with well-respected applied faculty in voice and have the opportunity to perform in solo recitals and with a variety of ensembles.
As a music education major at Missouri State University you will have...
- One-on-one attention from outstanding, passionate educators, many of whom have doctoral degrees
- Extensive time observing music classrooms, in addition to student teaching
- Outstanding preparation for graduate study in music
Helping you succeed
Make a smart investment in your future. Access financial aid and friendly support.
- Admission requirements
- Instrumental track program requirements
- Vocal/choral track program requirements
- Scholarships and financial aid
- Transferring credit to Missouri State
Get ready to meet your next mentor. You’ll be prepared, confident and ready for your career.