Fall 2017 Choral Auditions
All 2017 choral auditions will take place in Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts (HHPA), Room 306 - the Choral office.
Students may participate in multiple choirs.
- Initial auditions will take place August 16-20, 2017.
- Each singer in the Missouri State University choral program must sign up for a time to audition in person for Dr. LaBarr.
Sign up online for your audition time. (Please sign up for the earliest available time.)
Additionally, there will be an optional rehearsal at 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 20, on the Chorale callback selection.
Sunday, August 20
- 9:00 p.m. — Callback list (#1) posted for Chorale, tentative rosters posted for Men's Chorus, Women's Chorus, and Choral Union
Monday, August 21
- 9:00 - 10:00 p.m. — Callback auditions (#1) for Chorale (in quartets)
Tuesday, August 22
- 9:00 - 10:00 p.m. — Callback auditions (#2) for Chorale (in sections)
- 10:30 p.m. — Rosters posted for Chorale, Men's Chorus, Women's Chorus, and Choral Union
For Initial Auditions — Chorale, Men's Chorus, Women's Chorus, Choral Union:
All scores are linked below.
- Prepare 1-2 verses of a simple folk song or hymn to be sung unaccompanied (i.e. Shenandoah, Amazing Grace, Danny Boy excerpts).
- Students will be asked to sight-read and vocalize, demonstrating range and vocal color.
For Chorale Callback Auditions:
Learn your part to these excerpts from William Averitt’s The Deepness of the Blue. Callbacks will take place on Monday August 21, 9-10pm (in quartets) and Tuesday August 22, 9-10pm (in sections).
Documents linked from this page require a PDF reader or browser plugin to view. If no plugin is available, right-click on the link to save document to computer and open with Adobe Reader®.