Dr. Barbara A. Bushman
- PhD, University of Toledo
- BS, Grand Valley State University
- KIN 569 Health Appraisal and Exercise Testing
- ACSM - Fellow
- Associate editor for ACSM's Health & Fitness Journal
- Contact for Media Referral Network
- Central States Chapter ACSM - Member
Research and professional interests
Exercise testing procedures, menopause and exercise, effects of menstruation on exercise responses and performance, deep water run training, promoting physical activity with dog walking, and the female athlete triad. Dr. Bushman authored ACSM’s Action Plan for Menopause (2005, Human Kinetics) and edited both the first and second editions of ACSM's Complete Guide to Fitness & Health (2011 and 2017, Human Kinetics). For more information on these peer-reviewed books, visit the Human Kinetics website.
She also maintains a Facebook page highlighting fitness and health information. Additional information on Dr. Bushman, including links to select articles and media contacts, can be found on her profile.