Bear Connection is a relational mentoring program for new staff members at Missouri State University. Through professional relationships and mentoring, this program provides opportunities for staff members to enhance their knowledge of campus and cultivate and promote an engaged and inclusive campus community.
Clif’s Connection is a special quarterly welcome event personally hosted by University President Clif Smart and presented by Bear Connection. Staff members hired during the previous quarter and their Bear Connection mentors are encouraged to join President Smart for complimentary breakfast and take advantage of the unique opportunity to network with University leadership and fellow staff members!
Mission and goals
Bear Connection's mission is to integrate new staff to the culture of Missouri State University and connect them to the university's mission and values through relationships and mentoring.
The program has five goals:
- Cultivate an understanding of the campus culture, organizational structure, and university resources through a relational partnership.
- Shorten the learning curve and reduce stress and frustration.
- Increase employee satisfaction, morale and retention through providing a more personalized experience during the onboarding process.
- Develop new Bears by utilizing ambassador experiences to exchange ideas and provide insight, guidance, and professional networking opportunities.
- Provide professional and personal development for both ambassadors and new staff.