Step 1: Missouri State University has over 150 different options for majors!
Can you list them all? If not, you need to check out what is available. Chances are you will find majors you never knew existed and one might be the perfect fit for you.
View the list of majors Missouri State University offers.
- Print the list and mark through the majors you know you don’t like.
- Circle majors that are unfamiliar to you. They might be interesting if you knew what they involved.
- Star any majors that interest you.
Consider getting help to understand yourself and majors/careers by doing some or all of the following:
- Visit The Career Center
- Visit your academic advisor
- Enroll in IDS 120, Exploring Majors and Careers
- Attend the Majors Fair hosted every fall by the Academic Advisement Center.
Step 2: Begin to compare majors that interest you
Try the Highlighter Method.
Online resources to research Majors and Careers:
- What can I do with this major?
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Health professions