The Center for Academic Success and Transition has moved! Come visit us in our new office at Meyer Library 116 (between the Living Room and the Bear CLAW).
Applications for Fall 2019 GEP Instructors are available on our Instructor Recruitment page. Deadline for first consideration is past, but applications will still be accepted.
Our mission is student success at Missouri State University.
Our goal is to ensure that students are retained, thrive and graduate from the University. This is done through the coordination of activities and delivery of student services focusing on academic support beginning with student transition into the university and persistence through graduation.
In short, we deliver programs that support student retention and completion while serving as a resource for the campus community.
- Programs to support student 1st to 2nd year retention: First-Year Programs provides all students a common course experience where they learn the public affairs mission, develop academic skills to be successful in college, and take advantage of campus resources. Then, we welcome students back for their Second-Year Experience.
- Activities designed to improve first-generation student success and engagement on campus: First-generation support/student programs including financial aid workshops, social activities, and faculty and staff mentoring.
- Transition programs, like the Academic Care Team that help students onboard to MSU, learn skills to be successful if on probation or return after suspension, and refer them to campus resources.
- Provide a series of early alert systems for advisors and faculty to identify and assist students to persist.
- Collaborate and coordinate with campus units to facilitate delivery of student services and success.
- Promote Maroon Milestones; a sequence of high-impact practices to engage students in meaningful activities that lead to graduation (see the poster below or view the PDF).
First-Year Programs is committed to assisting new students in achieving a successful transition to Missouri State University’s community of scholars.
We offer dedicated programs to welcome students back to their second year on campus.
At Missouri State, we embrace the experience, skills and values that our first-generation college students bring to campus.
The Academic Care Team (ACT) provides targeted academic intervention.
An important part of our mission is to coordinate with college staff, department heads, and faculty to support their retention and graduation efforts