Student Grievance Resources

In registering concerns, Missouri State students must follow the policies and procedures that have been established within the unit about which the concern is being filed. Generally, these policies and procedures require that you begin by discussing the matter with the staff, faculty, or department in which the issue originated. To help you, campus resource information is listed below in alphabetic order.


Discrimination and Harassment

If members of the University community (e.g., faculty, staff or students) believe that their rights have been violated and wish further information, advice or assistance in filing a complaint, they should contact:

Office for Institutional Equity and Compliance
Missouri State University
901 S. National Avenue
Springfield, Missouri 65897

Toll free: 877-967-8636

Discrimination and Harassment Resources

Title IX

File a sexual assault complaint

Title IX Resources

Student Disability Accommodations

Students who have concerns about the manner in which faculty/staff have responded to accommodation requests should contact the appropriate resource office. University personnel will collaborate interactively with the student and faculty/staff in generating possible solutions.

Students who believe they have been discriminated against and/or have a complaint about the University’s resource offices should contact the Office for Institutional Equity and Compliance, Carrington Hall 205, 417-836-4252 (voice).

Student Disability Accommodations Resources

Student Rights

Student Rights Resources

Parking Appeals

What to do if you get a parking ticket

Parking Appeals Resources

Health Issues

This process provides patients a way to file a complaint if they believe their protected health information has been improperly used or disclosed.

Grievance Assistance

Additional procedures are in place to continue to pursue a grievance, after exhausting the university grievance procedures above.

For students in Missouri:

You may file a complaint with the Missouri Department of Higher Education.

For online students outside the state of Missouri:

You may appeal to Missouri’s State Authorization Reciprocal Agreement (SARA) portal agency.

If you are unsure about where to submit your concern, please fill out the Grievance Assistance Form. You will be informed about how to proceed with your grievance. Your concern will be reviewed within 24 to 48 hours and referred to the appropriate office for resolution.

Complete the Grievance Assistance Form