Why study forensic accounting at Missouri State?
- With demand increasing for business professionals with forensic accounting experience, the forensic accounting certificate at Missouri State is among the first programs of its kind in the country.
- You learn directly from our highly qualified faculty, many of whom are noted experts in their field and often serve as expert witnesses in court cases.
- Guest presentations from forensic accounting professionals are integrated into the course work allowing you to network with experts, remain up-to-date on current issues and learn from the experience of others.
- This program can be completed as a stand-alone certificate or as a supplement to a master’s program.
Fighting fraud through forensic accounting
As businesses face increased scrutiny and profit loss from fraudulent activities, the demand for accounting professionals with experience in fraud examination and litigation support is growing. The forensic accounting certificate is a unique program that prepares future accounting professionals with the skills and knowledge to serve as expert witnesses in court cases and to evaluate financial statements to uncover and prevent fraud.
The 12-hour certificate program offers an in-depth study of forensic accounting issues:
- Business valuation
- Financial expert witnessing
- Fraud examination
- Investigative data mining
- Litigation support