Executive Vice President and Provost Search
Two candidate finalists will speak during public forums April 28 and May 5.
Missouri State University President Clif Smart announced in January the opening of a search for an executive vice president and provost of Missouri State University. Dr. Frank Einhellig will retire on June 30, 2022.
Dr. Julie Masterson, dean of the Graduate College and Suzanne Shaw, vice president for marketing and communication, will chair the search committee. AGB Search has been hired to assist in the search.
Members of the committee include:
- Julie Masterson* (Dean, Graduate College)
- Suzanne Shaw* (VP for marketing and communications)
- Jim Baker (VP for community and global partnerships)
- Melissa Bledsoe (DCOAg faculty)
- Bridget Dierks (Community rep, VP at Community Foundation of the Ozarks)
- Rachael Dockery (General counsel)
- Abby Falgout (Student body vice president)
- Lyle Foster (CHPA faculty)
- Michael Hudson (MCHHS faculty, Faculty Senate vice chair)
- Dennis Lancaster (Chancellor of West Plains campus)
- Judith E. Martin (RCOAL faculty)
- Kevin Mickus (CNAS faculty)
- Matt Morris (VP for administrative services)
- Indira Palacios-Valladares (CHPA faculty)
- Tom Peters (Dean of libraries)
- Elizabeth Rozell (COB associate dean)
- Marjorie Shavers (COE department head)
- Dee Siscoe (VP for student affairs)
- Gary Wells (Maintenance supervisor, Staff Senate)
* designates committee co-chairs
An online survey is being used to gather input in the selection of a new provost. All interested parties
are invited to complete the survey. The survey will close Feb. 4.
Listening sessions will be held on Jan. 31 - Feb. 2 for faculty, staff and other campus and community groups.
The search committee will select semi-finalists in early April.
Semi-finalist interviews and finalist selections will take place in mid-April. The search committee will interview finalists in early May, and will report to President Smart.
Virtual listening sessions gives campus and community groups the opportunity to express their thoughts for what qualities they'd like to see in the new Executive Vice President and Provost.
|Date and Time||Meeting||Zoom Link|
|Jan. 31 sessions|
|Jan. 31, 2 p.m.*||Staff (Session 1)||
Meeting ID: 923 9998 5592
|Jan. 31, 3 p.m.*||Faculty (Session 1)||
Meeting ID: 939 5121 6434
|Feb. 1 sessions|
|Feb. 1, 9 a.m.*||Faculty (Session 2)||
Meeting ID: 933 8885 4522
|Feb. 1, 10 a.m.*||Staff (Session 2)||
Meeting ID: 996 9132 8801
|Feb. 1, 12 p.m.*||External community||
Meeting ID: 948 5317 1264
|Feb. 1, 1 p.m.*||Faculty (Session 3)||
Meeting ID: 915 2578 7550
|Feb. 2 sessions|
|Feb. 2, 10 a.m.*||Academic administrators||
Meeting ID: 990 3538 1521
|Feb. 2, 11 a.m.*||Faculty (Session 4)||
Meeting ID: 956 2110 6827
|Feb. 2, 12 p.m.*||Staff (Session 3)||
Meeting ID: 942 9653 5449
|Feb. 2, 3 p.m.*||Staff (Session 4)||
Meeting ID: 927 6097 2403
|Feb. 2, 4 p.m.*||Students||
Meeting ID: 959 9749 8594
|Feb. 2, 6 p.m.*||Faculty (Session 5)||
Meeting ID: 918 3233 0757
|April||Search committee selects semi-finalists|
|April||Search committee interviews semi-finalists and selects finalists|
|May||Search committee interviews finalists and reports to president|
* open meeting