The address of the Surplus Property storage facility is 417-W. Mill Street. The building is located downtown, just west of Brick City.
Open House viewing of available surplus for the faculty and staff will be held every month, on the third Tuesday from 1 to 3 p.m.
Surplus equipment can be used back on campus for University use only. If a department identifies item(s) they can use back on campus, they will be required to complete a request form. Property Control will then transport the item(s) back to campus.
Fall 21 Open House Dates
August Open House
In August, faculty and staff can view surplus every Tuesday from 1 to 3 p.m.
Op8.21 Surplus Equipment Policy ("Surplus Usage Policy")
The University has the following policy concerning the re-use of surplus equipment and supplies:
- Surplus equipment and supplies can be used back on campus for University use only. Facility and Staff can view surplus property on the third Tuesday of each month from 1-3 p.m.
- The surplus storage warehouse is located at 417 W. Mill Street (downtown Springfield).
- A list of items stored in surplus is not maintained. Please do not call Property Control asking if there are specific items at the warehouse. Examples of available property are: Various media items, televisions, refrigerators, microwaves, office chairs, student chairs, metal and wood desks, tables, file cabinets, and vehicles.
- Computer equipment will only be released to Computer Coordinators, Computer Services, or College of Natural and Applied Sciences (CNAS) Electronic Support. The reason for this restriction is that most computers have already had components removed by the preceding University departments/personnel and the units are generally not in good working order.
- Departments that select equipment to be returned to campus, and then send the equipment back to surplus within ninety (90) days, will be charged fifty dollars ($50.00) though a budget transfer to Property Control.
- Equipment that requires extensive repair, or is deemed unacceptable for return to campus, will not be returned. This decision shall be made at the discretion of the Property Coordinator or their designee.
For more information contact Property Control:
Coordinator of Property Control