Op3.16 Graduate Assistantships
There are three categories of assistantships.
Graduate Assistants (GAs) are those who perform a variety of duties associated with their employing units.
Teaching Assistants (TAs) are those who are responsible for managing, instructing, and determining grades for credit and whose primary duty is teaching in an academic unit. If the GA merely assists a professor with such things as grading or preparing instructional materials, the GA is not classified as a Teaching Assistant.
Research Assistants (RAs) are engaged in research performed under the supervision of a member of the faculty in a research environment provided by the institution under a grant or contract.
- Op3.16-1 Graduate Assistantship Eligibility
- Op3.16-2 International Students/Foreign National Employees
- Op3.16-4 Stipends
- Op3.16-5 Fee Waiver Costs
- Op3.16-6 Recruitment, Appointment and Training
- Op3.16-9 Hours and Timesheets
- Op3.16-10 Termination/Resignation
Presidential approval: September 5, 2023