Careers and Outcomes
Finding your career in an international society
The Master of International Affairs (MIA) program prepares you for internationally focused careers, as well as doctoral programs related to global politics and policymaking.
Our graduates have worked in government agencies, private sector businesses and non-profit organizations both in the United States and abroad.
The following is a sample of positions held by MIA alumni in locations all over the world:
- Brunswick Group
- Campbell Ewald
- Colorado State University
- Embassy of Kuwait
- Geopolitical Futures
- INDIV USA
- Iraqi Prime Minister's Office
- Missouri State University
- Peace Corps
- Research Institute of Development and European Affairs
- Santa Fe Council on International Relations
- United Nations
- University of Missouri-Columbia
- U.S. Agency for International Development
- U.S. Central Intelligence Agency
- U.S. Congress
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Visa, Inc.
- Voice of America
Want to pursue a PhD?
The MIA program can successfully prepare you for doctoral (PhD) programs in political science and other areas.
Here are a few examples of where MIA students have been admitted into doctoral programs:
- American University
- Boston University
- Indiana University
- University of Kansas
- University of Maryland
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Southern California