Heath Education Teacher Certification
Why choose to certify yourself in health education?
- Set yourself apart from other educators. Earn state certification in health education.
- Working with an advisor, you can tailor this unique and individualized program to fit your interests.
- Increase your knowledge of human anatomy. Learn to communicate this to the next generation of students.
(Certifiable grades K-9, K-12, 9-12, additional endorsement only)
Students who complete the Bachelor of Science in Education degree with a major in Physical Education may receive Missouri state certification in Health Education grades K-9, K-12, or 9-12 by:
- Completing the following courses: BMS 307(4) or KIN 250(3), BMS 308(4) or KIN 252(3), or equivalents; CFD 163(3); DTN 130(3) or DTN 240(3); KIN 253(2), 256(2), 257(2), 358(3); PSY 101(3); SWK 330(3).
- 9-12 certification student must select additional hours of electives in health-related courses, in consultation with their advisor, to bring total to 30 hours.
- K-12 certification student must select additional hours of electives in health-related courses, in consultation with their advisor, to bring total to 32 hours.
- In order to meet Missouri state teacher certification requirements, student must have a combined (Missouri State and transfer) GPA of 3.00 or above in the certificate subject area which includes all courses previously listed.