Updated November 11, 2020
In an effort to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 throughout the campus community, the university is implementing the following policy governing university events occurring on campus. All events will adhere to state, local and university orders, policies, and guidance regarding the number of individuals who may gather in a group activity or event. Occupancy is calculated by the length times width of a space, divided by 30, unless otherwise noted.
- If a state or local order is in effect that is more restrictive than these guidelines, it shall supersede these guidelines.
- Event Size and Space: Except for events held at the university's Athletics Facilities (as defined below in Section 3), events will be allowed to operate at up to 50% of the occupancy of the facility.
- Events held at the following Athletic Facilities will be allowed to operate at up to 50% of the sellable seats:
- JQH Arena
- Hammons Student Center
- Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts
- Plaster Stadium
- Allison Field – North
- Allison Field – South
- Social Distancing and Face Coverings: Social distancing and face covering requirements for events will be posted as part of the event, and shall be in compliance with the university's COVID-19 Masking Policy.
- EMS: Each event organizer will be required to input their event request in EMS, the university’s space and event management software. Every event occurring on campus must be listed in EMS.
Exceptions to this policy must be approved by the Emergency Preparedness Manager.
This policy goes into effect on November 11, 2020 and supersedes all prior university rules and policies on the subjects covered herein. All provisions of this policy will be in effect through March 31, 2021 unless otherwise set forth herein.
If you have any questions about space reservations for your event, want to cancel or re-schedule an event, or wish to reserve space for July or fall, please email EventMeetingServices@MissouriState.edu.
Welcome to the Office of Event and Meeting Services
We are the first stop for your meeting and event planning needs on the Missouri State campus. Whether you are planning a meeting for five people or a conference for five hundred we can help you every step of the way to make your event a success.