Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Program graduates will be able to apply physiological, safety, and organizational theories to promote patient safety, enhance quality care, and improve nurse anesthesia practice.
- Program graduates will be able to analyze and synthesize relevant scientific literature and apply results to improve nurseanesthesia practice and patient care outcomes in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Program graduates will be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, the public, and other health professionals.
- Program graduates will demonstrate leadership skills to meet the challenges of increasingly complex health care and educational environments impacting nurse anesthetists.
- Program graduates will develop effective strategies for managing ethical dilemmas inherent in anesthesia patient care and the workplace.
- Program graduates will employ teaching and learning principles for the nurse anesthetist in educating and counseling individuals, families, students in training, and groups.
- Program graduates will demonstrate nurse anesthesia scholarship through presentations, publications, leadership activities and collaboration with other disciplines.