Excellence in Advising Support Award
The Provost’s Academic Advising Council annually recognizes the contribution of an individual, team or office whose work has had a substantial, positive impact on the delivery of academic advising services at Missouri State University.
Support can be evidenced through a specific project or by sustained outstanding services to advisors and students. Recipients receive a plaque to be awarded by the Provost Academic Advising Council Chair during the Master Advisors spring appreciation event.
Nominations due Friday, February 19, 2021
- The nominated individual(s), office or team must not have any assigned advisees.
- An individual nominee must be employed at the university as a full-time faculty or staff member for a minimum of two years at time of nomination. If an office or team is nominated, the office or team must be in existence for a minimum of two years at the time of nomination.
- Current members of the Provost’s Academic Advising Council are not eligible to receive the award. Selection committee members are not allowed to nominate or to be nominated.
To nominate an individual, team, or office, an application packet must be submitted prior to the deadline.
- A letter of Application packet(s) should include the following: recommendation written by the nominator. Letter should clearly identify who is being nominated (individual, team or office) and their contributions that directly or indirectly support advising.
- Include a summary of the individual’s job description or the mission of the team or office.
- The nominator or nominee has the option of including up to four supporting items, such as letters of recommendation, brochures, manuals, news releases, and/or website link(s).
- Please use Times New Roman, 12 font type for letters of recommendation.
- Nomination packets will not be returned.
- Five copies of the application packet should be submitted to Ross Hawkins, Director, Academic Advising and Transfer Center, University Hall 109.
The Provost’s Academic Advising Council selection committee will be comprised of four Academic Advising Council members (two staff and two faculty) and a previous award recipient.
Academic Advising and Transfer Center
University Hall, Room 109