Curtis P. Lawrence Award for Excellence in Advising
In recognition for outstanding academic advising, the annual Curtis P. Lawrence Award for Excellence in Advising honors one faculty advisor and one staff advisor during the spring semester.
Award recipients each receive a $1500 cash award and a plaque to be awarded during the Master Advisors spring appreciation event.
Nominations due Tuesday, November 30, 2021
- Nominees must be current Missouri State University employees with a minimum of two years of full-time service at time of nomination.
- Nominees must be a current Master Advisor with on-going academic advising responsibilities and currently assigned advisees.
- Nominees must not have received the award in the previous three years.
Desired Criteria for Recipients
- Knowledge of campus information and resources and use of that knowledge in helping students.
- Knowledge of major and career-related information and academic policies and use of that knowledge in assisting students.
- Demonstration of advising as a priority activity.
- Use of innovative advising techniques and/or development of advising materials or systems.
- Effective documentation of advising sessions through “Advising Notes.”
- Reasonable accessibility to advisees and effective use of available time with advisees.
- Efforts to create positive relationships with students.
- Support for the needs of diverse students and for initiatives devoted to accessibility and inclusion.
- Support of advisor training and development programs and efforts to improve advising services at Missouri State University.
Academic Advising and Transfer Center
University Hall, Room 109