Enrollment Requirements

  • All international students on F-1 or J-1 visas must be enrolled as full-time students during the fall and spring terms. If a student withdraws from a course and falls below the minimum number of credits, he or she will be under-enrolled and out of status. DO NOT advise a student to drop a course to save his or her GPA if it puts the student below full-time status.
  • There are exceptions to the full-time enrollment requirements, but students must file a Reduced Course Load (RCL) form with International Services. (See RCL in the Terms to Know).
  • If students audit a course (take a course without earning a grade), the course will not count toward their full-time enrollment.