Please read these instructions thoroughly before filling out this online application.
The Inclusive Excellence Leadership Scholarship is valued at $5,000 per year ($2,500 fo the fall semester and $2,500 for the spring semester. To be considered, high school seniors must meet requirements for admission to the university by December 1 and have demonstrated academic achievement and a commitment to becoming a leader in an inclusive society. Recipients of this scholarship will be chosen by the Inclusive Excellence Scholarship Selection Committee. The goal of the committee will be to select a cohort of students each year who have a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences and who seek the opportunity to contribute to the University's goal of creating a climate of inclusive excellence. Students will be selected based on their academic record, their combination of school, community, and family involvement and activities, and their demonstrated commitment to becoming a leader in an inclusive society.
- Inclusive Excellence Leadership Scholarship recipients may renew their scholarship for three additional years beyond the freshman year. Recipients must complete 27 credit hours before the end of the school year, which includes fall, spring, and summer semesters, while maintaining a 2.75 cumulative grade point average of Missouri State University coursework and maintain satisfactory participation in the Inclusive Excellence Leadership Program. Inclusive Excellence Leadership Scholarship recipients who graduate in four years or less, meet renewal criteria their fourth year and begin a Missouri State University graduate program the semester following their graduation may receive this scholarship for their first year of graduate study (unless they receive a graduate assistantship).
- Unlike Missouri State's automatic scholarships (the Dean's, Provost and Board of Governors scholarships), the Inclusive Excellence Leadership Scholarship is competitive. In order to compete, students must be admitted to the university and submit a separate application by the December 1 application deadline. Students may apply for admission online at http://www.missouristate.edu/futurestudents/applynow.asp.
- The scholarship application itself consists of two parts. In the first part, applicants provide address, contact and academic information, as well as a list of organizations and activities participated in and awards and honors received. In the second part, students provide an essay (not to exceed two pages [paper] in length) outlining why they believe they are qualified for this scholarship relative to the criteria of the scholarship and affirming their interest in and commitment to participating in the Inclusive Excellence Leadership Program.
- Students wishing to submit an online application can access the application below. We recommend that students review the required information ahead of time and have all materials ready to submit. Students should be prepared to finish the application in one sitting, as they cannot save their work and come back to it later. Applicants can fill in each field manually or they may cut and paste.
- Applicants should make sure that they have submitted a transcript showing their 6th semester class rank percentile and cumulative grade point average and their highest ACT or SAT score to the Missouri State Office of Admissions by the December 1 deadline.
- Questions should be directed to the Office of Admissions toll 800-492-7900 (toll free), or by email at Admissions@missouristate.edu.
If you have read the instructions and are ready to complete the application for the Inclusive Excellence Leadership Scholarship, please choose the link below.