Most students move in on Friday, Aug. 16, 2019, and can move in at any point during the weekend. If you are in a Living-Learning Community or the Honors College, you can begin moving in on Aug. 15, 2019.
Stop, drop and roll
- Print off your unloading pass before arriving on campus
- Look over the move-in map to plan how you will access your residence hall
- Stop your car at the designated location for each residence hall
- Drop your items at the curb with the person designated to stay with your items
- Pick up your room keys by checking in at the lobby of your building and on your floor with your BearPass Card
- Roll your car to your parking lot
Members of Bear Crew will be stationed outside of each residence hall Thursday, Friday and for a limited time Saturday to assist you in moving your items into your room.
A wheeled cart or dolly may be a good investment if you have larger items. Carts will be available for check out from each residence hall, but there is a limited quantity and a 30-minute time limit on use.
After unloading, you'll be routed to park at Bear Park North or Bear Park South, depending on your residence hall. Shuttles will be available to take you back to campus.
Grabbing a bite to eat
Moving works up an appetite! Parents eat free in the dining centers starting Friday, Aug. 16, when accompanied by their students.
Meal plans begin with breakfast at Blair-Shannon Dining Center at 8 a.m. Garst Dining Center, located between Hammons and Hutchens, will open for breakfast at 7:30 a.m.