Financial assistance is available to a limited number of applicants who wish to attend the Ursa Experience but require financial assistance. Students may apply for financial assistance of 75% of the total cost of the Ursa Experience if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Student is eligible to receive Federal Pell Grant funds
- Student is enrolled in a federally funded program for the economically disadvantaged (such as GEAR UP or Upward Bound)
- Student resides in a foster home, is a ward of the state, or is homeless
- Student's family receives low-income public assistance or lives in federally subsidized public housing
Financial Assistance applications should be received by New Student & Family Programs as soon as possible-- to ensure assistance can be granted before availability ends.
The Ursa Experience Planning Guide for 2019 will be posted in March 2019.
This PDF document provides you with information to help you prepare for the Ursa Experience. It includes details such as
- What to expect at and bring to the Ursa Experience
- Missouri State housing move-in information
- Parking information
- Instructions on completing the StrengthsQuest inventory
- Required participation waivers
Please ensure you have completed the following by Friday, July 26, 2019:
- Review, complete, sign, and return the participation waivers to New Student and Family Programs. Fax completed forms to (417) 836-4134 or scan and email these documents to email@example.com.
- Complete the StrengthsQuest inventory. Your results will be discussed during the Ursa Experience.