We provide an on-campus walking service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How does it work?
Call us at 417-836-5509, and we will dispatch an officer to your location to escort you to a new location.
No more than two students will be escorted from the same point of origin to the same campus property destination. Depending on the availability of an officer, there may be delays.
Safe Walk locations
You can use Safe Walk within the confines of the main campus. This includes:
- Academic building to academic building
- Academic building to parking lot and vice versa
- Academic building to residence hall and vice versa
- Morris Center
- Park Central building
- Alumni Center
- Brick City
- Plaster Center for Free Enterprise and Economic Development
Confines of the main campus refer to the street boundaries which include:
- St. Louis Street to the north
- Normal Street to the south
- Jefferson Avenue to the west
- Kickapoo Street to the east
If you need downtown service from the main campus and vice versa, ride the Bear Line or call a taxi.
The Safe Walk program is not intended to be an alternative for the Bear Line shuttle or taxi services. Repeated abuse of the service may result in loss of the ability to use the service and may be reported to the student conduct office.