The Springfield site admits 30 students per year. Admission is competitive and involves a separate application consisting of the requirements and steps outlined below.
Admission and Application Requirements
- 54 credit hours, minimum
- Complete all pre-pharmacy course requirements with a satisfactory grade (C or higher) before school starts in your fall term of entry. Review the Missouri State course transfer sheet (.pdf) to determine which courses at MSU transfer as prerequisites.
- You need Adobe Reader to view and print this document.
- Have an overall college grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Have a science/math GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
Complete the following tasks:
- Meet UMKC's School of Pharmacy application requirements.
- Submit your PharmCAS application, under UMKC's PharmCAS guidelines.
- Submit the UMKC Doctor of Pharmacy Supplemental application.
- If invited, prepare for your interview.
- If selected, confirm your admission status
We strive to place you at your selected campus site location. However, site preference is not guaranteed.
When should you apply?
The regular application cycle begins July 1. It ends March 1 for the following fall semester.
We review applications and admit students on a rolling basis starting in the prior fall semester.
Because of rolling admission, you're encouraged to apply during the fall or early winter. We only admit new students into the fall semester.
Applying early strengthens your admission credentials and your first choice of campus sites.
How to increase your chances for admission
Have these things:
- Strong grades, specifically in science and math courses
- Strong PCAT scores
- Pharmacy experience
- Communication skills
Contact the UMKC School of Pharmacy office of student affairs with any questions you may have.
Other admission paths
The early decision deadline is September 1.