SOAR leaders lead groups of new first-year students and their family members and educate them about campus resources and student life issues to help them succeed at Missouri State University.
SOAR leaders' work is essential to the Missouri State community. They help students feel more comfortable on campus, more confident about their ability to succeed, more connected to others, and more curious about possible opportunities.
Learn more at our Zoom information sessions!
Join us online during our upcoming SOAR leader information sessions. Orientation & Transition Programs staff and SOAR leaders will discuss:
- Qualifications, eligibility, and responsibilities of SOAR leaders
- Requirements of the position
- The SOAR leader interview and selection process, known as SOAR Carousel
- Answers to your questions about being a SOAR leader
Information sessions will be held:
- Monday, October 5 at 4 p.m.
- Monday, October 19 at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, October 22 at 4 p.m.
Attending an information session is not required for becoming a SOAR leader, but will help answer your questions and better prepare you for the application process.
You can also learn more about the position below.