Become an Ursa Experience Major
Ursa Majors help transition incoming students into Missouri State University and show them how to make their Missouri Statement. Join this tremendous program and family by becoming an Ursa Major. Apply here today.
What is the Ursa Experience?
The Ursa Experience is a three-day, two-night experience that immerses incoming students in life at Missouri State University. Student participants, called Ursa Minors, form small groups that participate in a wide variety of activities to create connections, inspire Missouri State pride, and—of course—have fun!
What does an Ursa Major do?
Current student leaders, called Ursa Majors, facilitate small groups of Ursa Minors and represent Missouri State to 200 incoming Bears. As an Ursa Major, you will have a blast while you build friendships with new students and fellow student leaders, mentor new Missouri State students, explore your personal strengths and leadership skills, and so much more!
There are two types of Ursa Major positions you can apply for:
- Sleuth leaders work in two-person partnerships to lead a small group (or sleuth, as we call it) of 8-12 Ursa Minors throughout the program, facilitate small group activities and discussions, and build community and excitement within their groups.
- Logistics leaders assist fellow Majors and professional staff with essential set-up and behind-the-scenes work which keeps the program running smoothly. Logistics leaders also participate in activities and interact with Ursa Minors throughout the program.
Ursa Majors must meet these requirements to be considered for the position:
- Hold full-time student status for Fall 2023 semester
- Possess and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Attend the dates of the Ursa Experience
- Attend one Spring training session each week staring in February:
- Tuesdays at 2 pm
- Wednesdays at 3 pm
- Possess love and enthusiasm for Missouri State
- Possess knowledge of Missouri State University and campus traditions
- Demonstrate leadership through current and previous campus involvement and positive representation of Missouri State University
Apply to be an Ursa Major today.
Contact Orientation and Transition Programs staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.